Photoshop Rotoscopy final Piece ( Move with a feeling )

 Moving with a feeling 

This was the final task of this week. In this task, we were supposed to shoot some videos to use as a reference for our rotoscoping projects in photoshop. We shot a few videos of people walking, playing tennis, And me jumping though I was not clear about the selection of clips and particular parts of clips. which I am supposed to use. so I imported and checked the bits of videos that would work. However, only 1 shot of me jumping gave me ideas. So I started working with that. This time I did not have to set up photoshop because I saved my program named animation in photoshop which opened directly and had everything in there including timeline, brushes swatches, etc . then I imported the video by creating a new timeline. Created a new video layer and started working. Just after the selection and all cutting cropping of video I started tracing myself. It was and always has been a tedious process to do rotoscopy. Hopefully, I was working on  15 fps and it looked nice and smooth. After about 20 odd frames when the rotoscopy was finished I saved it and started working on another copy of it so if by mistake anything happens I don't have to start again.


(Just the rotoscopy version with clip)



After rotoscopy. This part was fun to brainstorm ideas about what can I do with this as this clip shows the excitement of going somewhere. I have just watched the movie Gattaca it was unconsciously playing in the back of my head. so I contemplated getting myself into a space shuttle and shooting myself to space. I found a png of the shuttle and took it as a reference and started sketching it on another layer. After that I animated thruster and rocket to shoot itself in space. The background part and font animation were comparatively easy but for that, i had to make a roto version and rocket animation into one smart object to get rid of unwanted junk. Thereafter i drew the BG and animated text. That was pretty much it.

(The final project)



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production