After Effects : Session 1

In this session, we learned a new software called Adobe after effects. I had a lot of experience in after effects I know it's versatile and most used for compositing and motion graphics which attracts most of my interest in this application.

We started with creating a shape of the Sun for our tiny solar system. We added the sun's colour and fractal noise effects to give it the look of the actual sun and used blending mode to match noise and colour. Then we pre comped it and learned the importance of pre-comp then we cropped the area we did not need. Then we brought it into the main comp and placed it in the middle. We created earth and moon in similar ways. We had to add some masks on earth as continents.

We then proceeded to make a shadow of earth and moon by a solid layer in opacity by duplicating that comp. Then we adjusted it by disabling shadow layers and adjusting levels. 

We then animated the whole thing by adding expression in rotation. We also learned the concept of parent and child and how that works. We learned to key in after effects. 

We took a step in text animation with mask and light sweep effect so we can animate text and animate its pre-comp so it looks like we are zooming into it. On my side, I added cc ball action and light sweep effect to make it a bit good

Then the whole project was pre-comped so we can add it to an image of tv as if tv is playing that piece. I used the masking and power pin tool to do so.

This was a very quick and easy lesson in my view because I know after effects.



For the final project, we were asked to make something from shapes and animate it using the things we learned today. I had a different approach to making something from basic shapes and multiplying it using effects and then animating it. I wanted to give it a hypnosis kind of effect. So as per the tutor, I added the Kaleida effect and it was working well. I am still practising with the final project as it is not completed.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production