Animate Final Poster Project

 The final project was given to us from the first session and sessions were ladders to reach that level. The guidelines for the project were-

The Design Museum in London is organizing a new exhibition entitled ‘Visions of the Future’ and will be exhibiting a selection of futuristic objects, machines, and design artifacts. Your task is to create an interactive poster to promote this event.

wdg_logo_image.png

The exhibition will show a range of current innovative artifacts (electric driverless cars, virtual reality devices, space-related technology, wearable technology…) along with retro-tech and iconic innovations from previous eras (that would have seemed extraordinary at the time of their production) like classic televisions, radios, computers, synthesizers, etc... You can decide which objects to showcase on your poster and you will need to do some research to pick out and learn more about your chosen artifacts.

Criteria - Content you must include:

  • The title of the exhibition
  • The opening date (10th July 2022)
  • The Design Museum logo and web-link (designmuseum.org (Links to an external site.))
  • Other relevant information about the exhibition
  • It must have interactive and moving animated elements – and be made with Adobe Animate (HTML5 Canvas format)
  • The size must be 640 x 960 pixels (2:3 ratio). Extra merit will be given to those who also offer a landscape version (960 x 640 px) and the format should stretch to fit different screens (this will be covered in the lessons).


So, I started by creating a canvas of the given ratio. Then I moved ahead as I have brainstormed my theme of AI and other futuristic inventions like robots, cars, brain chips, and movies. Those were the main attractions in the exhibition. Before even starting I collected images assets and ideas of design for the poster. I pretty much knew what I was going to do. I made the layers that we made on navigation and poster work. So I was feeling like I am working on some type of pre-planned formate. 

At first, I created a border for a nice poster-like layout and planted a logo and dates with venue info. Then I imported an image of a symbolic version of Ai from a movie named space 0ddysy. Then I traced with different settings to get a desirable outcome once that was sorted I opened the illustrator to work on the title because there were too few options in animate as my logo was a circle I wanted the fonts to wrap around it so in illustrator I used type on path tool in one circle and imported that png to animate. 

After setting up the image I was designing various buttons after I finally selected one and decided on keeping it. I duplicated it into various names and set them up in the scene. Once it was according to my liking I started working on codes which I inserted through actions. stop function in every first frame of every page so it displays that until further interaction. Once that was going smooth. I designed my main menu page with the same logo and some other elements such as lines to give it a look of atomic bonding which I contemplate is futuristic. Once I liked the design of that. I moved on further to design an individual page that are very simple and attractive which are one image and a hint of that topic and what are the things on display. Then I also inserted a back button to navigate back to the main page. 

As soon as I was finished with these things I worked more on layout stuff and tried a variety of fonts to see which ones are good. The navigation and layout part was finished. 

Now it was time to add Animation to it. So I first animated main menu objects such as logo and lines by adding some motion tween in a different movie clip and then added that to the main scene to animation can play without executing the stop command. Similarly, I wanted to add a subtle looped animated background to it to make it look good and abstract. 



Thereafter I exported it and uploaded it to the internet using Filezilla.
It took a very short period of time to explain it but there was a lot of trial and error in the whole process. I would certainly try to improve it before submitting it but I worked according to the deadline. I was proud of what I had. Animate was very fun we got to learn so many things in a period of one month. Looking forward to the next step



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production