After Effects 3D Tracking Assignment.

 For This assignment, we were supposed to track footage in 3D space Stick a 2D media piece to it and make it look believable. This was a very complex yet fun project. 

We had to shoot our own footage but unfortunately, I was not able to do so However we were also allowed to use Stock footage of some sort to do our work. So I went ahead and found some practice files from a youtube tutorial. The tutorial was very good after a glance at that I started working on my own project.

After importing the video and other files of city Destruction. The first thing was to 3D track the whole footage and wait for markers to show up. when it happened I first duplicated the layer and named it 3D tracker. Thereafter I created a solid camera with help of those markers and Stick a Destruction picture. 



After I placed this in that building the first thing I noticed was color difference so I had to color match both of the things using curves effect. Thereafter I  tried the new technique i learned from the tutorial that to give it a parallax effect we can mask inner part of the image in a duplicated layer and move it further back in 3D space and make it a little darker so it looks like its actual destruction and not any image. I was glad to see results it was really good. Then I stick some more things like destructed windows with Same tracking information.


I also had to color correct this and made a mask around it gave feathers to it so it looks like a part of composition. Then I added Some of these textures in other buildings following the same process. 

Then I went ahead and tried to incorporate a cracked ambient occlusion map in the building and applied the multiply blending mode and masked it as well to it looks like building has cracks. 

Then the most tricky part was to understand Boris mocha this is like planer tracker but built in 3rd party plug in. It was like a new software which is linked dynamically to after effects. I masked out whole part in which we can add the files provided and tracked it in plane. I struggled through exporting the tracking because it was new after some help from internet i was able to do so and exported tracking in corner pin and added a source layer of  a photoshop file and color corrected it as well but in order to add the cracks as well I had to pre compose whole photoshop layer and add that crack image so it sticks and tracked as well. 

That was my whole project I learned a a lot from this one and actually made something which would be useful in near future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production