Independent Project(Innerverse) : Title SEQ

 As of this week, I completed my title sequence animation in After effects. This was a bit stressful for my PC but totally fun for me. 


When I wore a VR headset for the first time I was standing on a grid and mapping the area for movement. This was the initial idea of grids. IN after effects, I made the 2K composition in 25 FPS in VR. Thereafter I started playing with grids I lay one on the ground and one on top and expanded it in all 3 dimensions after making that layer 3D. I animated both of the grids in Z-direction so it feels like it's going in the opposite direction of what the camera is facing I decided to add different parts of the title at the end of grids so it looks dramatic as we all see in most of the trailers. For the title Introduction, I chose the Neutrons demo font from the prospectus. I started experimenting with different effects and presets so I can get something unique and cool which looks modern enough and bright to support the theme of the project. I remembered suddenly that a 3rd part plug-in called sabre which was developed by Video-Copilot might come in handy because it can integrate into the text layer and make an effect on the border of the text layer. 




I installed that free plug-in and watched a bunch of tutorial videos from Video Copilot and many other channels to make the most out of this free tool. I made a new solid layer and applied the sabre to it. it just gave me one streak of blue light then I integrated my text layer of WELCOME into it and It worked like a charm. I played around with offsets, Intensities, presets of energize fields and a lot more. Though I ran into trouble that the effect can be applied in 2d Layer only and that can be made 3d it has to move in a 3d Environment so I made layer 3d and moved it as a whole apart from the text only. It Worked!!. After that, I animated the Offsets and intensity of WELCOME and send it backwards along Z-axis so it does not overlap my grid animation. After grid animation, I animated that layer to come forward and reveal welcome in solar type animated theme with the orange colour I was amazed by how it turned out. I did it a total of three times with variations in most of the places. 





As for the final title, I wanted something more dynamic, complex and semi-organic. I had to purchase a red giant plugin which is a great 3rd party plugin. Which can also work in other applications and not just after effects. I knew buying that would be worth it so I did. After installing the red giant I knew the trick of making a tunnel using MIR 3, I watched some more tutorial videos to get hands-on knowledge of making a tunnel in 3D. I started making a tunnel it was in shape really easily but the next part was tricky because I had to make a lot of changes to make it look like I wanted it to be.  I changed the amplitude. evolution, occlusion and other countless things. As I came closer to what I wanted it to be.

I extended it along Z-axis and set my 3d camera at the beginning so I can animate it as we are going into the tunnel. It came out good but it was very flat so I added a Point light just in front of the camera so we see clearly and it does not look that flat after adding the point light I parented it to the camera so it follows along.  And then I added the main title "INNERVERSE" Which is new and hopefully I won't get a copyright for this. 

After adding the main title I added some heavy graphics and colours and glows at various places. I had to do it later because it was making the programme crash if I worked on it. I added glow to grids and tunnels. Afterwards, I exported it. It is 30 seconds long and I cant wait to see it in VR and take notes on how I should move forward with it although  I have some ideas. 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production