Independent project (Innerverse): Tunnel 2 and Unity Sequences

 Tunnel 2 

I have to build this tunnel using all of the previous examples and the Stargate sequence. I had to scour the internet for a tutorial on this effect. I had no idea that was conceivable in after-effects. Fortunately, it was feasible with trap code mir, the one I purchased.  Particularly for this project.

It was a modest start, with a VR composition, a solid, and the mir 3 effect applied to it. The next section, on the other hand, was quite engaging. I've seen a similar tutorial where the person creates a tunnel using the geometry of the plug-in. I did the same thing, but I doubled the size in z and y coordinates to give it depth, and I included a curve in the y-axis to give it the appearance of a tunnel in 3D space. Then it was a matter of experimenting with other parameters such as vertices, lines, complexity, geometry, frequency, and fractal noise. Just to get the results you want or need. After obtaining the requisite results that my laptop was capable of rendering. I went ahead and added the render settings in the material area. where I increased the reflectivity and was surprised to see that it was coming together. However, because it was only one colour and not several, I reduced the gamma, which stopped blocking other colours. It was starting to look a lot like the Stargate sequence. It was looking good, but I wasn't satisfied because it lacked that astral effect. To acquire that, I looked at various other instances, and the one that really stood out was the gateway in the Thor movies. The one that Asgardians use to fly beyond space, with astral energy and vibrant colours. 




The Bifrost

To include that feature into my mir tunnel. I also used cc colour vibrance, which is a third-party plug-in that works great. It functions in the same way as the word "colour vibrance" suggests. It allowed me to change the colour, add a glow, and many other things. I worked around with it for a long to obtain that missing astral aspect, and then I added a standard glow to finish things off. Now, for camera animation, I wanted to try something different this time. Instead of just going straight into the tunnel, I wanted it to feel like we were falling through it. which would be fantastic if I animated the camera as if it were facing nothing before suddenly sucking you into this beautiful bifrost-like tunnel as if you were travelling into deep space. The seq was 1 minute long but took 2 hours to render. Something went wrong with the timing so I had to render it again which was painful but it was worth it.

Unity Sequence

This particular sequence was just a part of an experiment which I wanted to learn and try. As I learned how to record VR video in Unity I wanted to make something which I could enjoy watching. So I did I learned how to add textures and materials into characters in unity. From a recent tutorial, we learned to use mixamo to animate characters in various ways. Mixamo is a great tool. Which lets you download a character with their materials and textures ready to use. It also gives us tons of basic animation which we could use in games and movies. I proceeded to download some of the characters with their animation. 

I opened Unity and transferred all stuff which I downloaded from Mixamo into a different folder in assets. Then onto it was a game of patience I had to place each character into the scene window and then drag it to the timeline to make a new animation after giving it the correct texture and material. It took me 10 hours to get everything in place. Apart from that I had to make a new gameObject for each and every one of the characters so I can place them wherever I want. I overlapped all of the animations in the timeline for a smooth transition of various poses. Then I made a smooth dome and added some lights to give it perfect disco vibes. Somewhere along the way, I knew it was not going to be a part of my main piece however I wanted to see it in VR How cool it would look to be at a party with some anime, monsters, a drug lord boss, a mouse and a chicken. I knew it was lame but I wanted to try it. I recorded that piece with a Unity recorder and injected it for a VR video. I saw it in Quest 2 it was funny although it did not deserve that 10 hours it was not wasted as I had a great time learning that. I let my senior and programme leader watch it. They gave me positive feedback but told me that it could b a different project and not this one which I completely agreed with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production