Independent project (Innerverse): The shockwave Sequence

I was considering what my other sequence should be so that it might be put into the project. When I was watching the Element 3d tutorials, I came across the shockwave effect, which was also a plug-in, but you could make it in after-effects by using fractal noise and polar coordinate effects. I began watching the lesson and soon devised this sequence, which will feature a little shockwave-type transition and then proceed into a place with a plethora of such small organically abstract shockwaves.


The tutorial Video

I followed this guide till the final 5 minutes since it required another plug-in that I didn't have. In After Effects, I created a black solid, added a fractal noise effect, and adjusted the evolution and particle scatter settings to achieve the desired amount of noise. I created a mask over it and animated it to fall downhill. I copied and pasted the layer three times, each time changing the parameters to achieve the three explosion effects: hard and powerful centre, a bit light and highly transparent at the borders. then as soon as the animation was finished I added the polar coordinate effect and changed the coordinate to 90 which gave me masks of the explosion circle animating outwards. I quickly realized to make some changes in evolution to make it look better and also there was a seam which was imperfect so I feathered that out. Now that I had the explosion, I needed the colour vibrance plug-in, which was not accessible, but I used other effects such as hue/saturation and colourize to get the same look as glow. I exported the version without colours to I can add any later 

Now I've added the footage to the VR composition and applied the cc sphere effect. This effect gives the 2D film a sphere-like appearance, making it appear to be a sphere in space. I added a slew of footage with the same effect and gave each one a unique colour profile, appearance, texture, glow, gradient, and timing, so some of the waves take their time and others end quickly. 

After that, I manipulated the film to make it appear as though we were within the initial shockwave.  On the inside, I had a swarm of them running around the camera in 360*. It was a great idea that was executed well. I drew it and viewed it in VR, but it required something in the backdrop, so I created another starry night wallpaper overlayed on a sphere and will place it in the background using premiere pro.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production