Storytelling Project : AI Alterations.

I follow this particular channel called corridor crew which is  a renowned content production channel known for producing high-quality visual effects, action-packed short films, and entertaining vlogs. The channel was formed by a group of filmmakers, artists, and visual effects experts that are passionate about storytelling and pushing the frontiers of what is possible in the field of visual effects.

The channel's short films are well renowned for their strong action scenes, complex visual effects, and fascinating storytelling. These films demonstrate the team's talent in filmmaking, visual effects, and narrative, and they frequently include genres such as sci-fi, horror, and humour.In addition to their short films, the Corridor Crew channel includes vlogs, behind-the-scenes footage, and lessons that give insight into their creative process and highlight the most recent visual effects and filmmaking methods.

Overall, the Corridor Crew YouTube channel is popular among those interested in filmmaking, special effects, and narrative. Their distinct combination of creativity, technological competence, and interesting material has garnered them a global fan base.

I came across the video of them making an Animated film using AI. It was mind-blowing. I  was thinking that maybe I could turn this short film into an animation. It would be great. So I start surfing my way through the short film tutorial. After watching 1 hour tutorial. 




For the short film I had to download stable diffusion and some large file directories. I had to train the AI model with the face of Charachters in film. I had to render whole 3 mins of Short film in a Jpeg sequence so I can alter each frame. I had around 4000 frames. It took professionals 3 Months to do it. I had couple weeks until the submission. My laptop also wont be able to withstand the processing. 

I researched some alternate ways to do this thing and I came across a video. Which used Eb Synth to animate whole footage. I quickly got excited and started working on that idea. After rendering my film to jpeg sequence I made different folders with different shot sequences and copy pasted them to make keys.  




Keys are basically an altered photo from the sequence that you want whole sequence to be. Mostly its the first image or some in between. I followed the tutorial from start to end and altered all of the key using an app on my phone called prequel which uses AI to transform images into cartoon. I Used all me images and made keys on my phone using that app. 

The Normal First frame of Sequence.



The AI altered Frame using app Prequel.

I was very excited that finally everything was coming along. However then after using EB synth and looking at the footages. I found that this effect is hard for Eb synth to cope with. It was giving my distorted and damaged frames. I was shocked and stressed because i had a week to submit. 

I remember trying Eb synth as trial for a small video with a photoshop file alterations. I decided to give that a try. Surprisingly enough it worked so I picked all me keys in photoshop and added the cutout filter in filter gallery which gives it a bit of vector image type look. At this point i was ready to take up on anything which was remotely near to animation. It worked without distortions or anything. It was the thing i want. I used half of the week just to Synth all frames in Eb synth. Results were cartoony but in sort of artistic way I liked that. It was beautiful. It was not perfect but somehow it was matching the stories. I had all my assets required to complete this project. 



The Normal Frame



The Processed Frame

  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production