Storytelling Project : Making Script and Sypnosis

 The first step in writing a script was to define the story I wanted to tell. For this particular animation, the story is about how boxing is a way of life metaphorically. I'll need to create a clear vision of the story I want to tell, including the themes, characters, and settings.

Once you I had a clear idea of the story I wanted to tell, it was time to start developing the characters. In this script, the character is a boxer who has discovered the true meaning of boxing. I'll need to create a backstory for the character, including their motivation for boxing and their journey to becoming skilled fighter.

With the story and characters defined, it's time to start writing the dialogue. The monologue provided serves as the backbone of the script, so I'll need to build on it to create a compelling and engaging story. The dialogue should flow naturally and reflect the character's personality and experiences.

So from my script, I decided to add shots and dialogue in a way that sync's with the visuals of the story. The script for an animated film is incomplete without a visual representation of the story. I'll need to work with an artist or animator to create the visuals that will bring the story to life. The visuals should complement the dialogue and enhance the emotional impact of the story.

According to my Visuals and Monologue, I made a rough storyboard of what visuals should be playing when a particular part of a monologue is being spoken. 

I drafted a Powerpoint presentation of the Storyboard. 

The Storyboard(Scene 1)

We see a boxing training gym with the sign "Fight FOR YOUR RIGHT", it fades out for the title introduction in the background.

Scene 2

The Story starts. The boxer is shadowboxing while the monologue starts and also a rap beat fades in the background.

BOXER: I used to think that boxing was just a sport. Two fighters in a ring, duking it out until one of them couldn't take it anymore. But then I started training, and I realized that boxing was so much more than that. It was a way of life.

Scenes 3 and 4

The Monologue continues…

BOXER: It wasn't just about the physical training, although that was important too. It was about the mental game, the mental toughness you needed to keep going when everything in your body was telling you to stop. It was about the discipline, the dedication, the drive to be the best, even when it seemed impossible.

While on the screen we see the boxer taking his gloves off and catching his breath after brutal training followed by another scene where we see his torso as he shakes off the grip powder in a bit slow motion.

Scene 5

BOXER: I remember one time, I was sparring with a guy who was so much better than me. He was faster, stronger, more experienced. Every time I thought I had him, he would slip away, duck under my punches, and come back at me twice as hard.

We see a flashback of the boxer sparring with a more experienced opponent, struggling to keep up.

Scene 6

BOXER: I was exhausted, but I kept going. Every time he hit me, I got up again. Every time I swung and missed, I came back with another punch. It was like we were in a dance, a brutal dance, where every step could mean the difference between victory and defeat.

We see the boxer taking hits but refusing to back down, pushing through the pain and continuing to fight.

Scene 7

BOXER: And then, finally, after what felt like hours, he landed a punch that sent me reeling. I stumbled back, my head ringing, my legs wobbly. I could feel myself starting to give up.

We see the boxer struggling to stay on his feet, his opponent looking on with a mix of satisfaction and respect.

Scene 8

BOXER:But then I remembered something my coach had told me. He said that the most important thing in boxing wasn't how many times you got knocked down, but how many times you got back up.

We see the boxer taking a deep breath and remembering the times from his past when he was a kid training in the same gym.

Scene 9

BOXER: So I got back up. I shook off the pain, wiped the sweat from my brow, and got back into my stance. And you know what? The guy I was sparring with was impressed. He told me that he could tell I had heart, that I wasn't just a fighter, I was a warrior.

The boxer stands tall and proud while he still remembers his training in past and how he promised to never give up.

Scene 10

BOXER: That was the moment I realized that boxing wasn't just a sport. It was a metaphor for life. Because in life, we're all fighting our own battles, every single day. Some days, it feels like we're getting knocked down more than we're getting up.

We see the boxer's montages of training and jabbing the opponent, his determination and spirit unbroken.

Scene 11

BOXER: But the key to winning, the key to success, is to keep getting up. To keep fighting. To keep pushing forward, even when it seems like the odds are stacked against us.

We see the Boxer still going for the win and not giving up. 

Scene 12

BOXER: Because in the end, it's not about how many times you fall. It's about how many times you get back up. It's about never giving up.

We see the Boxer proudly waving the flag of his country, the rap beat growing louder and more intense.

Followed by the University of Hertfordshire Copyright and Credits.

The Synopsis

The animation opens with a still of the gym and after the title introduction a young boxer training in a gym, throwing punches at a bag while a rap beat plays in the background. As he trains, the narrator speaks a monologue about how boxing is more than just a sport, it's a metaphor for life. He talks about how the ring represents the challenges we face, how every opponent we face is like a problem to solve, and how we have to learn to take hits and keep moving forward.

As the animation progresses, we see the boxer facing a different opponent. He uses his own unique fighting style and techniques to overcome each one, and in between fights, he continues to train and improve.

During animation in the action, the monologue continues, emphasizing how boxing teaches us about perseverance, resilience, and the importance of never giving up. The rap beat builds in intensity, reflecting the growing sense of determination and passion within the boxer.

Finally, the climax of the animation shows the boxer facing his toughest opponent yet, a formidable fighter who seems to have the upper hand. But the boxer refuses to give up, as he reminds what his coach told him about giving up and he was memorising moments from the past when he was just a kid curious and strong. using all his skills and training to overcome his opponent and emerge victorious.

In the end, the boxer stands triumphant, sweating and bruised but proud of what he's accomplished. The rap beat reaches a crescendo, and the monologue concludes with a powerful statement about how boxing is a way of life, teaching us to face challenges head-on and never back down.

Overall, the animation is a powerful and inspiring tribute to the sport of boxing, showcasing its metaphorical power as a way of teaching us about the ups and downs of life itself.

Drafting the synopsis was tricky because I was confused about what to add and which part was not relevant. I researched and looked at a few examples to learn about drafting synopsis and drafted this one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production