Degree Project Ideas......

Thus, the summer is over and school has resumed. Do you know what you're going to make for your degree project? was the first query. I remained silent, but I knew exactly what I wanted to try and create. The entire summer, I had in the back of my mind what I ought to cook. However, I was clear on VR after receiving really favourable feedback. I was ready to work over my comfort zone in VR and create a work of art that would wow viewers.

INSPIRATION 

I have watched more films this summer than I ever have. I was really interested in producing films. I was curious about the work of great directors like James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino, James Gunn, and Christopher Nolan. What makes their films so unique and how do they think? I spent the entire summer watching and analysing the majority of the films by the aforementioned directors since I was so curious. It amazed me. By the end of the summer, I was certain that I wanted to be a filmmaker and director. I also watched a lot of YouTube videos where movie critics shared their experiences and filmmakers shared their thoughts. 

I want to discuss the two key films that I took inspiration from. The original was. The Way of Water in Avatar. this film The film's opening sequences on Pandora transported me to a vibrant, colourful world with bioluminescent flora and animals that seemed to glitter with an ethereal grandeur. The 3D technology made the environment feel incredibly realistic as if I could reach out and touch the weird creatures that roamed the screen. The narration was equally fascinating. But what really trapped my mind was the visuals. the colour of the sky the texture of the water the light. The renders were hyperrealistic. 




So in my project, I want a touch of Pandora a planet with amazing beauty. I especially want to create a one and half minute journey in which the camera is in the water slowly coming out and revealing the beauty of the planet.  

A second film is called Oppenheimer. What an amazing experience it was to watch it on IMAX. My favourite movie is this one. Never before have I enjoyed a movie as much as I did this one. The best aspect of the film was Ludwig Göransson's sound design, which outperformed the narrative, editing, segmentation, and visuals (which used only real effects and no CGI). It was perfect. Hans Zimmer, he is the best musician I can listen to continuously, therefore I was wrong when I assumed sound design could make such a big impact. (I'm doing it now.) Overall this movie is an absolute cinematic brilliance. I intend on using some music from this movie and altering it to fit into my project. To list a couple of my best soundtracks.



Additionally, this film focused on the graphics. Because there is no sound at all when the bomb detonates, you may direct all of your mental attention to the immediate effects of the explosion. Seeing such a masterpiece was a treat.

After watching this movie all I could think of for my project was perfect sound design with amazing visuals. I wanted to outdo myself. So I thought of the story. As it will relate to my last project of VR.

Part 1

A boy looking at himself in the mirror where in the fog title appears " The Origin " When he looks deeper he will get sucked on by the mirror and travels through a portal into space with one eye.

Part  2 

The eye will look at a person and after a while, we will be sucked into the cornea of the eyeball. where we will travel through space looking at a huge explosion. 

Part 3 

The explosion would be very slow and will get faster eventually. Once we face the explosion it covers the camera. we will be in a water body. 

Part 4 

The water body would be similar to the one in avatar. When we rise up from the water body we will be able to look at this hyper-realistic scene of a forest with various lights and other features. This would be a slow animation so the user can experience all visuals.

Part  5 

I was thinking of walking everything back to the mirror because I just like to complete the loop. 


I know this sounds like a lot and unachievable but I want to do this I will give my every spare second to make this happen. 

I have done my research and seen tutorials available on the internet. I think this is possible through Unreal engine, Unity, blender, touchdesigner, After Effects and Premiere Pro. Hence I will be going to baseroom a lot because my laptop will die if I try to pull this project off. I am looking forward to getting some feedback from my tutors and moving forward. Although they asked for 3 ideas I worked the whole summer thinking on this one. If this one fails I  have a separate idea of making a VR piece in After Effects and Unity. Or perhaps a Unity game with Interactive Bowling using VR. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production