The Sum Up of Experiments & The Road Ahead

Thus, following several months of trial and error and a good deal of setbacks. I felt compelled to share my current status with you regarding my degree project. 


I've made the decision to move forward with the same plan but slightly alter the strategy. I'm going to add about five more scenes to my project. which is what would be. 


1) A cosmic explosion accompanying a procedural Black hole. 


2) A galaxy's scene 


3) The Star System


4) A Planet


5) A few auxiliary images featuring planets, galaxies, nebulas, and space in general. 


After that, I'll tackle a couple easy initiatives like sound design and a monologue. 

Monologue: 

After the scenes are explained, this must come first. The audience's perception of the conclusion must be flawless for it to be even more captivating. I'm going to read books and other sources while I write a monologue. Because "Gattaca" is a movie that I found inspiring and is often praised for its engaging story, likeable characters, and thoughtful exploration of challenging philosophical and ethical issues, I will attempt to make it a little poetic. The dystopian future depicted in the 1997 film, directed by Andrew Niccol, is one in which genetic engineering determines a person's social status and opportunities.

In the film, Ethan Hawke plays Vincent Freeman, a genetically "inferior" person who aspires to travel to space but encounters prejudice because of his heritage. The film poses significant queries regarding the nature of human potential, the ethical ramifications of genetic engineering, and the influence of technology on society.

In addition to the music, set design, and cinematography, "Gattaca" also excels overall. The film's slick, minimalistic look contributes to the visually arresting portrayal of a future world. The most striking ending was in this movie. When Vincent says " For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home." I will certainly try to add this esq in my monologue. 



Sound Design: 

I drew inspiration for my sound design from Philip Glass, Hans Zimmer, and Ludwig Göransson. My buddies who are involved with sound design would be more than pleased to support me on this adventure. I'm not sure what to anticipate, but I know it would be incredible in a lot of ways.

 

Hopefully the Final Issue:

As I have mentioned before. I am really Struggling with the resolution of the VR. Every time after the render when i play it in VLC or a Quest It is always blurry and jittery. I had no idea what i was doing wrong. To tackle that i started with the most basic thing which is compression. 

Compression:   

The Idea of compression is that the Aspect ratio of VR is 2:1 because of its Horizontal field of View is 360 and Vertical is 180. I want my piece to be 4K resolution. So my current render resolution is 4K so what if I render it at 8K or more like 12 or 16K then compress it down to 4K so it would look better in every way right. However, I was not able to test this theory because of a lack of resources. The PCs in Baseroom are just not powerful enough to render at this resolution. It just crashed without doing 1 Frame. I tried multiple times and the GPU just crashed. I just started thinking and researching about alternate solutions. 

DaVinci Resolve:

Tutors and I agreed that Premiere Pro could be the issue. So I started looking I found Davinci might do it but it required an external plug-in. Which we did not have. So my tutor asked me for some material and said He would try and find a solution if it ended up in anything

Nuke:

I haven't used a nuke, therefore I can't say how true it is. However, it appears that you can add a denoise node to reduce noise or jitteriness, so I would try that as well.

I am Adding a couple of my VR renders here.


 



  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production