Independent Project : Various Sequences

 For the past 2 or 3 weeks I have been working on various sequences to add to this project As the length of this project is no longer than 4 to 5 mins I have tried to make 6 to 7 sequences lasting 40 to 60 seconds from which i will trim down some parts in premiere pro to keep in the original sequence.

I am using tunnels as a mode of transportation or cutting to the following sequence. I had to make 2 or 3 tunnels for transitions into the following scenes. As I was very inspired by  2001: A space odyssey I wanted to recreate that star gate scene which was so colourful and fascinating. 


 In order to recreate this scene In VR space. I made a Vr composition in after effects and saw some tutorials on how this trap code mir plug-in works. After doing a lot of trial and research I found that some particular settings can give you these effects. I followed that thing where I lowered the gamma and added the colour vibrance plug-in in after effects. to make it glow and in the adjustment layer, I added a glow effect to make it pop. Thereafter the usual camera animation and 5 hours of render. 

The next sequence which was also heavy and took 6 hours to render was a sequence with a spherical background which I added to it through an element 3D plug-in. That process was really easy because I just had to make a sphere increase its size and apply an image as a diffuse map and HDRI. In This sequence, nothing was planned but experimental. Since the time I got my hands on Trapcode, it had some extra example effects and presets that I desperately wanted to try. After making an environment of outer space I made some solids layer and added some effects. One of which stood out was a sphere which was animated organically through its evolution. I quickly made some changes and added colours and glow so that when the camera goes into it. It should look amazing which was the goal I achieved. Thereafter presets had some land textures and plane textures. I kept what I liked after making some changes and adjusted it in my space and rendered it. This scene was organic animation based and great. 

The next sequence was in unity. I learned from a tutorial that you can animate a camera into a scene through which you can record a 360* view of the scene in real-time using a Unity recorder. I quickly animated a looping hypnosis animation in after-effects using the Kaleido effect and one more with just a colourful sphere. I had to model a smooth sphere in a blender to import into Unity and then apply a recorder to it. It worked nicely however due to quality issues and a lot of pixelation I had to cut that scene till only kaleido animation. I added some 3d lights in the scene because it was too dark from the ambient lights. I recorded that sequence and composed it in after effects to make it a VR sequence.  

The last sequence was another tunnel but the most amazing one. I saw a tutorial on how you can make tunnels in Tao and all the different options that it had I loved how the material behaved with light so after making a tunnel I applied the texture of industrial glass and added loads of point lights in it. I ran into a problem where it was too many lights to render at once so I added only a handful and had to rid of the rest of them. I added evolution to the tunnel and animated a camera to it. However, without light it was not as good so added one more light and made it a child of the 3d camera so it follows along. Everything was good and the render was great. 

Moving forward I plan to edit some of them more and add a sequence with character animation in unity. And bring all sequences together in Premiere pro. and add a soundtrack. Its a weeks worth of work along with other modules and projects.    

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Ideas......

Making of the Planets..

The Davinci Result and Part 1 Post Production